Using While Loop in Java: Basics and Examples

• Hello dear Jetto Net members,

Today we are going to look at the "while" loop, an important loop structure in the Java programming language. The while loop is used to repeat a certain operation as long as a certain condition is met. The condition is checked both at the beginning and during the loop.

The general structure of the while loop is as follows:

Kod
    while (condition) {
      // actions to be taken as long as the condition is true
    }

As long as the condition is true, the operations inside the loop are repeated. When the condition is false, the loop ends.

For example, let's use a while loop to print the numbers 1 to 5 on the screen:

Kod
    int i = 1;
    while (i <= 5) {
        System.out.println(i);
        i++;
    }

Note that in the while loop we define the loop variable outside the while loop!

This loop prints the numbers starting from 1 to 5 of variable i on the screen.

The while loop is useful for performing operations under a certain condition. However, care must be taken, because it can cause an infinite loop if the condition is never false.

The while loop in Java makes your programming process more flexible and makes repeated operations more efficient.

I hope this simple example helps you understand the basics of while looping in Java. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for reading this far!

Happy coding!

Şimdi katılın!

Henüz hesabınız yok mu? Topluluğumuzun aktif bir üyesi olun ve oyunlarla, yazılımlarla ilgili ilginç konuları keşfedin! Kaydolun ve tartışmalara katılın, deneyimlerinizi paylaşın ve yeni arkadaşlar edinin. Topluluğumuzda herkesin kendine göre bir yer bulabileceğinden eminiz. Hadi, gelin ve bizimle birlikte eğlenceli ve bilgilendirici bir yolculuğa çıkın!